Roll the newsreel – it was an eventful week!
- MONDAY: At the Fiber Artists of San Antonio Meeting, plans were announced for the 19th Annual Fashion Show – it’s always a sell-out! Get your tickets early cause they go fast.
- TUESDAY: Whoopee – my friend Sherrill Kahn, the super-talented mixed-media artist, emailed me to confirm she’d be at the Studio in late May for two workshops! Stay tuned for details.
- WEDNESDAY: Had an amazing painting session at the Studio with pal Gloria Hill – here’s her latest large abstract – great work, Glo!
- THURSDAY: Got a call from Pablo Solomon, sculptor and designer, whose annual Solstice Show at my Studio will coincide International Yoga Day! We’re planning a YogaArt Celebration the weekend of June 20th. Also on Thursday, my classes started at Trinity University – looks like a super-bright and friendly group of students.
- FRIDAY – hey, that’s today! Monika Astara, fashion designer and dear friend, is coming down from Austin for a visit to brainstorm some new ideas with me – and to shop the Niche Warehouse Sale, of course.
OK, enough about MY week – how about a Friday Freebie for YOU! I found these little Kantha cloth bags at Ten Thousand Villages right before Christmas, and I’m adding one of my Florentine Face Shards to it as this week’s Friday Freebie. If you are a SHARDS subscriber before midnight on Sunday, you will be in the drawing. These Florentine Shards are available in my Etsy Shop in case you want to see more of them. Good luck and happy weekend!!