Do you have a pioneering spirit? Join me on August 20th at the venerable King William Street home of the San Antonio Art League and Museum for a workshop.It will be held in their old studio building that’s not been used for teaching in a VERY long time. We’ll test-drive the space and see how it works!
The workshop is called “Postcards to Myself.” It’s a mixed-media exploration of everything from composition to mark-making to collage to encaustic in just three hours.
Here’s the story behind this workshop:
- As President of the San Antonio Art League & Museum, I want to help make it an engaging and lively organization for local artists
- That means that we need more members and more exposure
- Workshop bring new people to the group
- Voila! New members, new energy! People come to make art and talk about art!
- And, as with all non-profit arts organizations, we need money, so I’ll be donating all workshop proceeds to the Art League.
So here’s what I want you to do – sign up for the workshop if you’re interested.
If it is sold out, go to this link to add your name to the SAAL&M email list to be notified of the next one.
And please go to this link to join the San Antonio Art League & Museum. You’ll get discounted workshops as well as eligibility to exhibit in our new Members Gallery.
Everything old is new again!!
(Note to friends who teach workshops – if this works out as well as I hope, you can contact me to use this studio space for your own workshops if you will consider giving a portion of your tuition profits to the San Antonio Art League & Museum.)
Lynn sold out in less than five minutes.
Great idea, Lyn…to breathe new life into the Art League. How many attendees would be allowed?
Darn, I wanted to take this.Please keep.me informed. I’ve been trying to take a wok shop ,and never can get in. Rosie Rojad
I have noticed you don’t monetize your blog, don’t waste your traffic, you can earn extra cash every month because you’ve
got hi quality content. If you want to know how to make extra bucks, search for:
best adsense alternative Wrastain’s tools