What a great response to my plea for help in my last post! We must trust and rely on each other in times like this, for sure, and your input on what online workshops should look like was invaluable.
Here are two charts from your responses (my geek side took over while I was compiling these stats). The first one shows suggested workshop topics by most votes – #5, Mixed Media on Paper, had the most, but everyone liked pretty much everything.
This shows preferred method of delivery – online classes with several videos and eBooks with videos tied for favorites. Excellent. Those are my faves, too.
These results mirror the topics and methods I love in my own teaching and learning. The new Postcards to Myself eBook with Videos is coming out in just five days. –
And you can sign up for one of my online classes with several videos today if you want to help give more feedback.
Here’s the deal:
- I’m asking some of you to help me test-drive this new workshop platform
- I’m currently using the trial version of Teachable, which allows me to have just 10 students – later on, I can have an unlimited number
- Before I pay the monthly fee for Teachable, I want to make sure you like it – I need your feedback
- The Story in a Story course is available for registration right now, but again, registration is limited to ten students
- The workshop price will normally be $39, but right now it’s $10 just to see how the payment process works and all of that – again, limit 10
- If you would like to register, I will pass on your $10 tuition to the San Antonio Food Bank (later, the tuition will be $39 and will go toward paying the Teachable platform fee).
- If you are one of the ten students, please help me with comments on how you think it works, how easy it is to access the videos – all of that stuff.
- You will help me immensely with my decision to go with the paid version of Teachable going forward. Oh, and I can have classes by other instructors there too – like Lesta Frank and Michelle Belto! It’s exciting.
Here are the relevant links:
One more thing- from all the names that submitted suggestions and data, Rosemary Uchniat is the randomly chosen winner of the lovely Johnny Was mask! Rosemary, decide whether you like the blue one or the green one, and I will get it in the mail to you.
Thanks for listening to all of this. There are important things going on in our world. We are all learning – together.
This is exciting news! Thank you.
THANKS, CAROL, AND THANKS FOR SIGNING UP ♥
So sad! Tried signing up as soon as your email came, but alas it wouldn’t let me. I guess the class was full. Boo!Hoo!
The classes will be a wonderful opportunity to create and grow. Thanks for offering-very excited!
Lynn I am so excited , I have enjoyed your spirit doll classes and your Pandemic emails have been a blessing, my hat is off to you. Currently working on wax and words and look forward to all your upcoming classes. You make this 64yo struggling artist forget her day job as a PA in this pandemic. Carry on Lynn
Rebecca, I just wrote a note on my website about the irony of the ;pandemic isolating us as artists just when we need the comfort of community the most! Thanks so much for signing up for the class on Teachable – ♥